iVAC Grounding Kit
The iVAC Grounding Kit is designed to reduce the Electro-static charge build up inside PVC pipes of your dust collection system.
These electrostatic charges can buildup over time and they will be dissipated via the point of the protruding screws that are connected to the conductive tape, which is grounded.
This kit consists of:
- 50 Meters (160 ft) of conductive fabric tape with conductive self-adhesive.
- 50 Washer head self-tapping screws.
- 10 Ring terminals
- 2 Meters (6 ft) of a ground wire
- Apply the conductive tape along the PVC pipe; make sure the surface is free of oil, grease, and dust before applying.
- Install static discharge screws every 1 meter (3ft) along the PVC pipe by pre-drilling 1.5mm (1/16”) hole through the tape. Install washer head screws by hand or power tool with extreme caution. Do not over tighten the screw as it may tear the tape.
- The tape is highly conductive and should overlap at run-offs and at all junctions. Screws should be applied for a more secure electrical connection, to avoid delaminating and aid in static discharge.
- Continuous conductive tape should be applied over iVAC Pro Blastgate as illustrated.
- Install ground wire with the Ring terminal to a reliable electrical ground. (i.e ground of the wall socket as shown) Instructions
We Also Recommend