iVAC Pro 4" Pro Plastic Blast Gate
Electrically driven Automatic Blast Gate. Installed between the dust exhaust of a power tool and the main dust collector ducting. Includes plastic 4″ diameter blast gate and approved power supply
Automated Dust Collector Blast Gates – for ultimate workshop convenience
Dust collector blast gates let you control a dust collection system’s vacuum pressure in order to achieve maximum suction at a desired tool station. Here’s how they work:
- at each key tool station, a hose is attached to the tool and routed to the main dust collector vacuum
- for each hose run, a gate is installed that can be opened or closed. The gate is usually close to the power tool for easy access
- in older systems these gates were mechanical in nature and were activated manually, that is, each gate had to be opened or closed to maximize vacuum pressure at the desired tool station. Indeed, such manually operated gates still exist today.
- the blast gates are typically closed. When one gate is opened all vacuum pressure is made available to that tool station
With today’s high efficiency dust collection systems, multiple blast gates can be opened at the same time. In some instances, it’s even recommended that more than one gate be opened to prevent a system from literally collapsing. So, how do you take account of all of these issues in a modern, well equipped workshop?
The iVAC Pro family of automated dust collector blast gates lets you control vacuum flows precisely and automatically. All of our blast gates are electrically driven and programmable. There are three methods of controlling an iVAC Pro Blast Gate:
Fully Automatic: when the power tool is turned on, the iVAC Tool Interface (Pro Tool Plus Auto Sensor) sends a wireless signal instructing the iVAC Pro Switch to turn on the Dust Collector, and this same signal is used to instruct the blast gate to open. When the power tool turns off it instructs the blast gate to close.
iVAC Pro Remote: in this mode an iVAC Pro Remote is used to send the Open and Close commands to the pro blast gate.
Remotely from a wired cable: in this mode the operation of a toggle switch on a wired cable will instruct the blast gate to open or close.
- One Blast Gate Always Open feature to accommodate high performance systems
- Motor overload protection
- Self Cleaning mechanisms
- OPEN/CLOSED indicators
- Removable slides.
- Auto – Open – Close modes of operation
Installation is straightforward and each blast gate is powered from a 115Vac UL/CSA approved AC adaptor.
You can choose from 4″ plastic, 4″ metal or 6″ metal blast gate versions. The metal versions are typically used where fireproof materials are required in critical ducting paths.
View a detailed video of the iVAC Pro Blast Gate features and operation
- Three methods of control – automatic, manual, and manual remote cable
- Large collars for ease of attachment
- Self Cleaning mechanism
- Open/Closed indicator
- Removable Slide
- Motor overload protection
- UL/CSA approved AC adaptor.
- ‘One Blast Gate always Open’ feature.
- Available in 4″ plastic, 4″ metal and 6″ metal sizes.
- The 4 and 6 inch metal versions are for applications that require all metal (fireproof) materials in critical ducting paths
iVAC Pro Blast Gate Versions
iVAC Pro 4″ Plastic Blast Gate, part number PBG-04-NA
Includes plastic 4″ diameter blast gate, mounting collars, and approved power supply.
iVac Pro 4″ Metal Blast Gate, part number MBG-04-NA
Includes metal 4″ diameter blast gate, mounting collars, and approved power supply.
iVAC Pro 6″ Metal Blast Gate, part number MBG-06-NA
Includes metal 6″ diameter blast gate, mounting collars, and approved power supply.
These flanges are sold as a pair and designed to fit onto our existing 6" blast gate for users who have 5" ducted pipe in their ducted system. Please contact us to purchase.
Manual Wired Remote Cable, part number MWR Cable
Includes 10′ cable and toggle switch for setting up a wired remote control switch
iVAC Pro Blast Gate Specifications
- AC to AC Adaptor 115Vac to 12Vac 1 Amp UL CSA approved
- Output cord 2M
- Close delay 50 Secs/2 Secs
- Wireless Range: 40 feet
iVAC Pro Blast Gate specifications are subject to change without notice.
We Also Recommend